We're glad to post the OLV-College 2009 is again on our agenda. Traditionally, we prep the venue-room (nurse school) into a nice and cosy meeting room. We install our Barco HD-projector, full audio and video installation and make the link with our team in the OR in the hospital next door for the live surgery sessions.
This year, the ninth OLV-college remains a “boutique” style workshop that features a three-day course with several live-surgeries to allow attendees to:
• see simplified techniques for optimal results in MVR and in redo situations
• be familiar with dozens of tips & tricks for totally endoscopic mitral valve surgery, such as ideal port placement, optimal visualisation, the use of shafted instruments,
the EndoClamp-positioning, etc.
• recognize mitral valve pathology on trans-esophageal 2D and 3D echocardiography with special emphasis for the anesthesiologist
• have hands-on experience with both shafted instruments and catheter placements
• become more familiar with additional indications for the PORT ACCESS technique
• gain exposure (for perfusionists and nurses) to arterial flow models, surgical techniques, products and instruments.
If you have any questions on site concerning AV, don't hesitate to contact someone of the mediAVentures crew to help you out.